Thursday, July 1, 2010

A few more days at Stinson – (6/28-6/30)

Monday afternoon we relaxed on the beach and I made dinner at home. Tuesday we had some wonderful visitors. Ann came down from Marshall (about 40 minutes North right on Tomales Bay) to spend time with us at the beach. Ann is my brother Justin’s mom. She is so fun to be with and we had a wonderful time talking and enjoying the beach. My sweet cousin’s also came up a little later in the day. They brought lunch for all of us! I just love Effie and Kathleen so much and so wish we all lived closer. We all enjoyed lunch together at the house and then headed back to the beach. It was a perfect beach day (all week has been perfect weather). Ann headed back to Marshall and Effie and Kathleen left a little after. I went to Parkside to pick-up a pizza for dinner. Wednesday we went on a hike from the Pan Toll station. We hiked about 1.5 miles and Lilly did great! Anna is still refusing to wear shoes so we carried her the whole way! She did love the little “island” we found near a beaver dam and walked around in the rocks and water. We headed home and Anna fell asleep in the car and John, Lilly, and I had lunch. I went to the Annie’s bookstore alone and got a book and a few little things. I just love Stinson Beach Books and it is a treat to go alone and just look and shop. John took Lilly surfing and Anna and I relaxed and played. At 6pm Rosie (she is the mom of a childhood friend of mine Chrissy and I have known her since the 2nd grade – I even went along on family vacations with them as a kid, and she now lives in Stinson and is one of Patty’s closest friends – small world =)) and Patty came over to watch the girls. John and I headed to the Coast Café in Bolinas for a Yummy dinner. We go there every year just the 2 of us – it is a fun tradition. After dinner we headed to The Sand Dollar for a drink. When I was little our friends owned The Sand Dollar and I have fond memories of Sophie, Carlisle, and I eating a big piece of mud pie. We got back to the house and everyone was very happy – they had made cookies and then went to get ice cream and played at the park in town. The girls had such a wonderful time with Patty and Rosie and Anna woke up this morning and asked if Patty was coming back to make more cookies. Good thing Patty is right next door.

1 comment:

Rick Lanman said...

Zoe, are you sure it was a beaver dam? That's amazing. Can you tell me exactly where you found it?