Monday, June 28, 2010

Tuesday Night - Monday

Tuesday afternoon we ran into Rosie (an family friend) at the market and invited her to join us for dinner. Patty and Rosie came for dinner and we had a feast of local Muscles, artichokes, steak and an AMAZING lemon tart that Patty made! It was wonderful! Sophie and Kate left in the morning and it was just me and the girls! We just relaxed, went to Parkside for lunch, played on the playground. We went to Bolinas get a few things and rented a few movies. Patty made dinner for us and we just relaxed. Thursday the girls and I spent a lot of time on the beach in the morning. We found a "house" someone had make and the girls loved it. We dug for sandcrabs and just enjoyed the quiet beach. In the afternoon Anna was getting tired and Lilly wanted to see the horses, lamas, and cows so we took a drive up North. We drove through Point Reyes Station, but the kite store was still closed so we headed North to Tomales Bay and I got some muscles to make myself for dinner. We drove back and the girls slept in the car. That night I made myself a wonderful dinner of salad - all from Gospel Flats, bread from Freestone, Tomales Bay Muscles, and Cowgirl cheese. It was so relaxing! Friday morning we work up and went to the beach, made lunch at the house, and then headed to Bolinas to get more veggies and do some laundry. The beach must have worn the girls out, because they both fell asleep on the short ride. There is a wonderful (big) organic farm and on Friday afternoons they have a farm stand. They have a wonderful variety. Friday night Patty picked up dinner for us at Parkside. John got in Friday night and hiked the Dipsea Trail by moon light (and a head lamp). He got to the house at 12:30am. He loved is late night hike over the mountain. The girls were so excited to wake up Saturday morning and see their dad. They played with him and loved showing him the house (he was here last year, but they were excited). Lilly was especially excited to show him that she was sleeping on the top bunk. John took the girls to town to find a kite and get lunch. I went to get a few things at the store and then Maria and Paul arrived. Maria is John's sister and Paul is her husband. They live in San Fran and have come up for a night the past few years. Paul is a true foodie and made us a wonderful dinner! He also works for Ghirardelli and brought LOTS of yummy chocolate. After dinner and some drinks everyone went to sleep and John and I went crab hunting. John had seen LOTS of crabs on the beach the night before (we think because of the full moon). We caught 3 and had a night walk on the very quiet beach. Sunday we made breakfast and then John, Lilly, Maria, and Paul headed to Audubon Canyon Ranch and tired Anna and I headed to Tomales Bay to get muscles and oysters. They were out of muscles, but I got 2 dozen big oysters. We got back and Paul shucked the oysters and we BBQ'd them with lots of veggies. We also cooked up the crabs we caught - Lilly freaked out until John explained things to her. It was a Beautiful day at the beach and there were so many people on the beach. We headed down after lunch and John took Lilly surfing and Anna and I played on the beach. Maria and Paul headed back to the city. Today is Monday and John made us a yummy breakfast and then went to fly kites on the beach with the girls. I headed to Bolinas to do laundry and get some food at the store and gospel flats. It is amazing how calm and relaxing this place is. Being here is good for my sole!

No comments: