Friday, June 18, 2010

We Made It...

It took us 10 hours and 10 minutes, but we made it from San Diego to San Francisco! We stopped at IHOP for lunch and again at Casa De Frutas for some treats, a train ride, and a carousel ride (a very fun stop for all of us). We got to Gale's at 7pm and she greeted us with a yummy dinner. On Wednesday we went to China Town with my sister and a friend Greg from Rome and then had a wonderful dinner at Auntie Effie's. On Thursday we went to the Academy of Science Museum in Golden Gate Park and LOVED the Aquarium and the kids play area! From there we headed to Millbrae to visit Audrey and Shelley (they babysat me when I was the girls age). I love seeing them! They have been so important in my life since I was 3 and I was a flower girl in Aud's wedding when I was 4 - Aud and I also share a birthday. After our visit we headed to Georgio's for pizza with the girls, Kathleen, and Gale. This morning we relaxed - Gale made us the best breakfast and I packed the car - it was beyond packed!!! Then we picked up Kathleen and headed to Stinson. We got here and Kathleen took the girls to the beach and I unpacked. Then we headed to Parkside and got some yummies and then went to visit Annie at the bookstore and got the girls new dolls and books. I LOVE the bookstore (and Annie). Then I made some dinner and our sweet Sophie and Court arrived! Patty stopped by for a visit. We enjoyed some wine and then a walk on the beach. The girls are in the bunk room and Lilly is on the top bunk - loving that the girls are sleeping in the same room Sophie and I did. The perfect first day at Stinson.

No comments: