Sunday, October 14, 2012

I ramble.......

Last spring I had a "moment".  I knew Anna was starting Pre-k, Monday to Thursday from 9 to 2 and Lilly would be in 2nd grade.  What was I going to do with myself?  If I have to much free time I waste time.  I thought about getting my IUD removed and trying for another baby, we talked about adoption, and I called my old boss and asked if she had a part-time job for me.  The old boss said their was nothing available and I didn't have it in me to get a resume together .  My sister in law became pregnant with twins so that assured me a baby fix and the thought of starting over with a new baby seamed overwhelming.  So I just decided to enjoy the summer and re-evaluate in the fall.  Well the old boss called in July with a job.  I took it and pushed it back til late August, just before school started.  During my what am I going to do with myself "moment". I committed to MOPS, Thursday Club, and being a Girl Scout co-leader.  Now I also have a job!  O wow!  All of these things are great, but it is a lot.  I have a lot going on, a lot to balance.  It is overwhelming and I am still figuring out how to make it all happen without me loosing my mind.  I also want to play tennis, O I love tennis.  I also am getting back into pilates :).  There are financial goals that I feel very strongly about making and therefor the job needs to stay.  I am not volunteering at Lilly's school and I am learning to delegate and say NO.   Saying no and asking for help can be hard for me, but if I am not going to loose my marbles it is going to have to happen.

No comments: