Monday, November 3, 2008

The Sick Family

Everyone except me is under the weather! John's bug started on Sunday and Anna was grouchy by Sunday afternoon. Lilly seamed OK until she puked all over the floor of McDonald's on Midway right after I picked her up at school. I was trying to keep the girls out of the house so that John could rest - no such luck! I am hoping that I will not get it, but only time will tell.

I was watching Anna walk around the house this evening. She is so confident! She can get down the back step into the back yard and she is SO fast. I have to keep the bathroom locked all the time because she wants to get into the bath. It is so cute watching her little 17 pound 10 month old body walk like a little person. She is one determined little girl and she knows what she wants (and she lets us know)! She is growing up so fast.

I also wanted to post a yummy recipe that I made yesterday. I actually made it in the morning and kept it in the fridge until dinner.

Corn Casserole

3 large eggs - separated
1 2/3 cups milk
2 1/2 cups corn
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1/2 small onion chopped
3 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
Optional - 3 cooked chicken sausages (I used the chicken apple from Costco) - This makes it more of a meal

1. Grease a 2 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish and preheat oven to 350
In a medium bowl beat and egg yolks and milk for 1-2 min. - mix in corn, 1 cup bread crumbs, 3/4 cup cheese, onion, butter, and salt (and sausage if using).
2. with an electric mixer beat the egg whites until stiff - fold egg whites into the corn mixture - scrape into casserole dish - top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs and bake until golden brown - 45 min

No comments: